The CATIA exams have been completely revisited to better test users’ skills and competencies on CATIA by introducing practice-based scenarios which reflect real life design problems. They are available on a new online platform that runs concurrently with CATIA.
The first level exams are intended to test users on the fundamental modeling techniques using CATIA Mechanical Design core products: Part Design, Assembly Design, Surface Design and Drafting.
These exams are available in multiple languages: Simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian) and Spanish.
Each individual exam gives a certificate entitled ‘Associate’.
When you pass with success two exams you receive a certificate entitled ‘Specialist’:
- ‘CATIA Mechanical Designer Specialist’ = CATIA Part Design + CATIA Assembly Design exams
- ‘CATIA Mechanical Surface Designer Specialist’ = CATIA Part Design + CATIA Surface Design exams
CATIA Part Design Exam
The exam includes several problem sets focusing on modeling and modification of basic, intermediate and advanced parts. It includes also some multiple choice questions on basic Drafting principles.
- Sketch features, tools & relations
- Basic and dress-up features such as pads, pockets, shafts, fillets, chamfers, patterns etc.
- Analysis and modification of the geometry, sketch offset, materials, measures, mass properties etc.
- Drafting questions on views, dimensions, title blocks etc.
CATIA Assembly Design Exam
The exam includes several problem sets focusing on building and modifying two assemblies. It includes also some multiple choice questions on basic Drafting principles.
- Creation and modification of assemblies:
- Placing of the base part, inserting components
- Constraints, reference geometry
- Modification of key parameters in assembly
- Analysis, measures, interferences etc.
- Drafting: views, bill of materials, exploded views etc.
CATIA Surface Design Exam
The exam includes several problem sets focusing on creation, modification and analysis of wireframe and surfaces.
- Wireframe: points, planes, repetitions, line, axis, ellipse, circle, connect curve, spline, axis system etc.
- Creation, modification and analysis of surfaces: helix, boundary, extrude, project curve, circular pattern, revolve, sweep, fill, multi-section surface, join, split, trim, fillets, symmetry, geometrical sets etc.